Are you looking for a good, cheap car insurance policy in Miami, Florida?
If you’re looking for cheap Miami car insurance, you may not want to purchase any more than what the State of Florida has set as its minimum car insurance requirements.
Even though we, at American US Insurance recommend you to carry Bodily Injury Liability (BI) of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident total, having a lower coverage may give you a break in the price, but you must consider all options before making a final decision since there are serious consequences by not having enough coverage if you get into an at fault accident.
Miami, Florida minimum car insurance requirements are:
Personal Injury Protection (PIP): $10,000
Property Damage Liability (PD): $10,000
Other options available as minimum insurance coverage in Miami, but not mandatory are Bodily Injury Liability (BI) and increased Property Damage Liability (PD) and the limits are as follows:
- $10,000 per person / $20,000 per accident and $10,000 or $25,000 PD
- $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident and $25,000 or $50,000 PD
- $50,000 per person / $100,000 per accident and $50,000 or $100,000 PD
- $100,000 per person / $300,000 per accident and $50,000 or $100,000 PD
The list will go all the way up to a million dollars, and simply explained, the better financial position you have or wealthier you are, the more auto insurance coverage you must carry in Miami, Florida. But if you are reading this and don’t consider yourself a wealthy person, then think twice, there are many other reasons why you should have more than minimum coverage.
One of the most important is your Florida driver’s license.
If you are found to be at fault in a car accident in Miami, Florida and carry no Bodily Injury Liability coverage, a judge may suspend your Florida driver’s license for a period of up to three years and penalize you with an SR22 filing for the same amount of time, which is nothing more than mandatory Bodily Injury Liability with limits of $10,000/$20,000. Also, if you’re ever charged with a DUI or DWI (driver under influence) of alcohol, drugs or narcotics, then the charge is more severe and the penalty on your license is called FR44, which is mandatory Bodily Injury coverage of $100,000/$300,000
The average safe driver usually doesn’t need to purchase high limits of liability in Miami, Florida, making your quest for cheap Miami car insurance easier; however, in our agency American US Insurance, we recommend you to go for it and get at least $25,000/$50,000. Many Miami, Florida drivers may also have to purchase high limits of liability insurance because they are leasing their vehicles. This means they have a lender or lien holder who has also interest in the car and requires the “owner” to purchase all available car insurance coverage. Always check with the dealership about your car insurance requirements for your lease, since the limits varies by brand.
Regardless of how much auto Bodily Injury insurance you need, there are always additional ways to get and keep a cheap car insurance in Miami, Florida
- Keeping your driving record clean by avoiding traffic violations and accidents
- Adding safety features to your car
- Making regular, on-time insurance payments will prevent your car insurance policy from being cancelled, which always looks good should you choose to switch car insurance companies.
- Ask your agent to search for new available discounts
- Paying your policy in full
- Keeping your information up to date with your agent if you recently moved, your new address may have a better rate.
Call our agents at American US Insurance at 1-800-868-9170 to learn more about auto insurance options in Miami, Florida and to have your current auto insurance policy discounts reviewed.