Since natural resources are finite, more and more car manufacturers are shifting their focus towards electric vehicles, thinks Evelyn Calabuch, CEO and General Agent of American US Insurance, a Florida Independent Insurance Agency based in Boca Raton. Not only that, but gas powered vehicles are polluting the environment quite a bit, so finding an alternative is extremely important.
That is why buying an electric vehicles is an great idea. They come with some incredible benefits, and you will be impressed with their value, quality and resilience. Which does make you wonder, what electric vehicles are the best option, what auto insurance do you need and why should you go with electric cars in the first place?
The benefits of electric vehicles
Buying the best electric vehicles comes with its fair share of benefits. The main one is that you get to protect the environment, since emission levels are a lot lower. Not only that, but the cost of an electric vehicle is not that high either. You are receiving lots of incentives and tax credits that make purchasing an electric car a lot more affordable.
Even the fuel economy is great, since you’re saving money due to electricity being way less expensive when compared to gas. In addition, the overall electric car infrastructure is improving every day in the US, and you can find charging points in a vast range of locations. Electric car batteries are also designed to last for a very long time, upwards of 12 years or even more than that.
What electric car brand should you go for?
- Tesla is a well-recognized brand mainly focused on electric car manufacturing, and they are delivering some extraordinary vehicles. They have more affordable vehicles, but also premium options, so you can buy one regardless of the budget.
- Nio as another option, is a Chinese electric car manufacturer and they create premium electric vehicles with all kinds of smart features. These are some of the best electric vehicles on the market and highly sought after too.
- Lucid Motors is an electric vehicle manufacturer from California that’s also into energy storage and equipment manufacturing. The company has been working on its tech for more than 14 years, and their Lucid Air vehicle is very promising. For now, it’s still under development.
- GM is heavily invested into an all-electric future, and they do have a plethora of extraordinary vehicles for everyone. The great thing about GM is that they are investing in the electric vehicle field, and more specifically technologies like stackable, flat EV batteries.
- Ford already has some electric vehicles like the Ford Mustang Mach-E, and they are continually investing in this tech as well. They already are preparing multiple models that are coming to the market very soon.
These are only a few of the best electric vehicles available in the market. Other companies like Hyundai, Porsche, Renault, Kia, Jaguar and so on are also focused on bringing their own EVs to the public, so the competition is fierce.
What type of auto insurance is needed for an electric vehicle?
Regarding the insurance topic, it makes no difference. But you could get some good incentives and save more money on car insurance for an EV, versus a regular gas-powered vehicle. Safety, value and accident ratings are some of the major factors an insurance company will look at in order to offer you the best price. In any case, you should always have high limits of liability insurance, uninsured motorist and low deductibles for comprehensive and collision coverage.
Are electric vehicles the future of transportation?
With more and more countries committing to the idea of lowering their pollution rates in the years to come, EVs definitely seem to be the future. They have less emissions, and they offer a clean way to travel around. You still need auto insurance and proper car maintenance, of course, but with all that in mind it’s a lot easier and more affordable to buy an EV than it ever was. Which is why this is the perfect time to check your local dealers and see what options they offer for your next electric vehicle!
For your auto insurance? You can leave that to us, American US Insurance.